Munich, 19 September 2016 – British LED lighting manufacturer Rotolight has taken the honours at motion picture trade show cinec as its Anova Pro picked up the Lighting Engineering award. The cinecAward is a prize that awards outstanding and market-ready achievements and innovations in motion picture and post-production technology.
Rod Gammons, Rotolight Chairman
Awarded to the most trendsetting products and developments in the industry, the prizes were judged by industry experts including Klemens Becker, an accomplished cameraman for Hollywood blockbusters including Gladiator, Braveheart and X-Men, and lighting director Stuart Gain, who has worked on British TV favourites such as Top Gear, Absolutely Fabulous and The Bill.
Rotolight’s Anova Pro received the award for its ability to deliver versatility, superior colour rendering and soft light output, with its unique and innovative, cost saving feature set. The Anova Pro is an ideal solution for cinematographers, videographers and photographers. It features five patented, industry-first features designed to save time and money, while enabling greater creativity for directors of photography (DOPs) and cameramen in studio or on location:
• CineSFX™ provides a powerful arsenal of customisable cinematic lighting effects
• FX Slave™ enables the CineSFX ™ effects to be slaved to up to 512 third party light sources in real time with zero latency to create powerful lighting effects for large scale productions
• True Aperture Dimming™ calculates and displays F-stop for a subject at a given distance
• Designer Fade™ provides custom fade up/down production effects
• High Speed Sync Flash (HSS) provides a powerful HSS flash with zero recycle time at 150% of the maximum continuous light output for traditional photographic workflows
The cinecAward is Rotolight’s second award in quick succession after securing the TVBEurope Best of Show award at IBC earlier this month.
“We’re thrilled to receive a cinecAward and to receive praise from such highly-esteemed industry experts here in Munich,” said Rod Aaron Gammons, managing director, Rotolight. “This is a true testament to the hard work put in by the Rotolight team, and to the unique features that the Anova Pro offers. This is a huge achievement for us and we’re proud that the Anova Pro is receiving this industry recognition.”